This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure for more info.
Hit the ground running with your Whole30!
Below, you'll find my 4 top tips and resources to set yourself up for an awesome Whole30, along with my FREE printable Whole30 Success Workbook, which includes tips, meal planning templates, and more!
1. Get your hands on official Whole30 materials
When you're jumping into Whole30, official Whole30 resources are a good place to start! When it comes to the Whole30 "canon," there are four official Whole30 books you can add to your library for the rules, the science, tips, and amazing Whole30 recipes.
- The Whole30 Book: If you are going to buy any Whole30 books, this is the one! The Whole30 book is the step-by-step, recipe-by-recipe guidebook to set you up for a successful Whole30!
- It Starts With Food: This is the Whole30's companion book, and dives into the science behind the Whole30 program.
- Food Freedom Forever: Melissa Hartwig, Whole30 co-creator, wrote this book as an exploration of life after Whole30, letting go of anxiety and guilt, and how to obtain true food freedom,
- Whole30 Cookbook: If you are in need of Whole30 foodspo, this cookbook is full of it! With 150 Whole30-compliant recipes, you can't go wrong.
Remember! If you're just going to get one of these, I recommend picking The Whole30 Book. It's the perfect place to start!
2. SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS WITH Your FREE WHOLE30 SUCCESS WORKBOOK
When you're doing Whole30, being prepared is the best way to ensure your success - that's why I put together my Whole30 Success Workbook!
Based on my personal experience, I included things that I found useful when doing Whole30, including:
- Printable Meal Planning Templates
- The Whole30 rules
- Affirmations for healthy food relationships
- And more!
Get access to my Whole30 Success Workbook below!
3. Out with the old, in with the new
Clean out the pantry
If there's anything in your cupboards that is not Whole30-compliant that will tempt you, get rid of it. It's as easy as that! Eliminating temptation is a very simple (yet powerful!) way to start off on the right foot!
Stock up on good-for-you-food
Get tons of health, Whole30-compliant noms! When I do Whole30, I like to make sure I have plenty of fruits and veggies on-hand, as well as Whole30-compliant snacks from Whole30-Approved brands.
Meal planning is also very useful. Snag your copy of my FREE Whole30 Success Workbook for printable meal planning templates!
The Essentials: Thrive Market Whole30 Starter Kit
Literally, all you need is food to do the Whole30- it's as simple as that. Nothing too fancy.
But, I've found for me, that my Thrive Market membership has been super useful when it comes to stocking up on key ingredients.
Thrive Market offers plenty of Whole30-compliant products and snacks, as well as some amazing kits with Whole30 essentials to get you started off right! And, everything is at wholesale price - with these kits, you can save 27-31% off the retail price!
- The Whole30 Starter Kit includes a bunch of Whole30-friendly food items, such as...
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Safe Catch Wild Albacore Tuna (3-pack)
- Kettle & Bone Grass-fed Beef Bone Broth
- Apple & Uncured Bacon EPIC Bars
- Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette with Avocado Oil
- The Whole30 Starter Kit Pro has everything the regular starter kit has, as well as some other Whole30 pantry must-haves:
- Red Boat Premium Fish Sauce
- Organic Coconut Aminos
- EPIC Provisions Cage-Free Duck Fat
- Non-GMO Wil Alaskan Pink Salmon (2-pack)
In my opinion, these Whole30 Starter Kits are totally worth it, especially you're doing your first Whole30!
4. Rally your support group
Finally, it's super important to make sure you surround yourself with people who will support you!
FRIENDS & FAMILY
Make sure your friends and family know you are doing Whole30! They may not be doing it with you, but the support of loved ones will be invaluable during your Whole30 experience.
In my opinion, Instagram is the ultimate Whole30 support group. When I did my first Whole30, I did it on my own. All by myself. Lone wolf status.
It could have been a scary experience, but it wasn't because of my Instagram family!
Through Instagram, not only did I stay accountable by posting food pics, but I was also able to connect with other Whole30ers!
Make sure to use Whole30 hashtags in your posts (#Whole30) so you can be found by other Instagrammers that are doing the Whole30, and check out this post on 15 Whole30 Instagram Accounts you should be following!
And, don't forget to follow me: @happyhealthyjoe!
Join a Facebook Group
Joining a Whole30 Facebook Group is a great way to get the support you need! Are you doing Whole30 with a group of friends? Create your own Facebook group! It can be a great place to have accountability, share food pics, recipes, official Whole30 links, and stories!
You got this
Whether this is your first Whole30 or your fourth Whole30, if you are prepared you totally got this! I'm rooting for you!
Get your FREE Whole30 Workbook!
Get the latest and greatest in your inbox!
Have a tip or resource that didn't make my list? Tweet me! @happyhealthyjoe Or share in the comments below!
MEET HAPPY HEALTHY JOE
Joseph Struhs (LA-based Integrative Health Coach) is an essential oil educator and wellness passionisto by day, marketing consultant for health pros by night! When he's not working, you can catch him fitting in a workout at the gym or getting crazy in the kitchen.