This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure for more info.
I grew up eating a lot of things made out of wheat so, when I did my first Whole30, skipping out on the bread and pasta was a HUGE change for me.
Fortunately for me, it because of Whole30 I learned that my body was particularly sensitive to wheat products, and that eliminating them helped reduce inflammation, eliminate my chronic migraines, and clear up my acne-prone skin!
And, in the process, I fell in love with other healthy sources of carbohydrates (à la the sweet potato featured in this WHOLE30/PALEO CREAMY COCONUT CHICKEN "ALREDO" recipe!) that gave me sustainable energy and was the food fuel my body needed.
When doing Whole30, you're supposed to avoid indulgent imitations of foods that are a trigger for you. This recipe is FAR from what you'd dish up on at Olive Garden!
This dish includes all real food, Paleo-friendly, Whole30-compliant ingredients, and the "alfredo" is a dairy-free sauce/gravy made with a coconut base! We could just call it a coconut gravy bowl...but that's not quite as catchy. 😉
WHOLE30/PALEO CREAMY COCONUT CHICKEN "ALREDO"
Makes 3-4 servings
- 3 large organic chicken breasts
- 12 oz sweet potato ribbons (make your own! Or pick some pre-made strips at Trader Joe's)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 5.4 oz can organic coconut cream, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups mixed baby kale
- pink Himalayan salt and black pepper
- Start cooking up your chicken on the stove top! If you need some guidance, Nom Nom Paleo's Cracklin' Chicken is hands-down one of the best chicken recipes I've tried! Like, seriously, I'm drooling just writing about it. You'll love it!
- Next, start up your coconut "alfredo" sauce! Add some ghee to a pot on your stovetop. Once melted, throw in the chopped onion (I like my onion chopped into strips for this recipe). Sauté until carmelized. Add in the chopped mushrooms, and allow to cook for about a minute before pouring in the can of organic coconut cream. Add salt, pepper, and any other spices you'd like to throw in (garlic is great!). Reduce heat and stir occasionally, and keeping an eye on the sauce.
- Cook up the sweet potato ribbons! Heat up a pan on the stove, add some ghee, and once the ghee is melted, throw on the sweet potato ribbons. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper, and stir occasionally. Cook them until they're nice and tender (not brown or crispy).
- By now, if everything is timed right, everything should be ready to plate! Lay a nice bed of baby kale on your plate, add a healthy serving of the sweet potato ribbons, place the chicken, and top off the with coconut "alfredo."
- And, you're ready to dig in! This Whole30/Paleo Creamy Coconut Chicken "Alfredo" brings together a lot of great flavors! The delicate, peppery baby kale, the earthy-but-sweet sweet potato strips, the savory chicken, and the slightly sweet, creamy coconut sauce all come together quite nicely. Enjoy!
Get your FREE Whole30 Workbook!
Get the latest and greatest in your inbox!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
MEET HAPPY HEALTHY JOE
I am a Certified Integrative Health Coach and essential oil educator based out of Los Angeles and Salt Lake City! As a Health Coach, I combine nutrition, positive psychology, and science-backed self-care for all-natural mood support.
When not coaching clients, I work as a content creator and branding strategist. I love to collaborate and am available for sponsored posts. Please shoot me an email (email@example.com) with an idea or just to say hi!