This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure for more info.
This Whole30-friendly Shepherd's Pie makes the perfect fresh dinner or an awesome part of your weekly meal prep routine!
Make-ahead casseroles are so great - I make several meals out of this dish, and I can simply add a hearty salad on the side, roasted veggies, or a nice bowl of bone broth to fill things out.
Meal prepping is seriously SUCH a game changer. It helps you to be more intentional with your eating and your relationship with food. And it can save SO much time! If you want a free meal planning template, you should def snag my Whole30 Success Workbook. It’s never too late to get more purposeful and organized! 🤓📝🍴
WHOLE30 SHEPHERD'S PIE
- 1 cup of my Whole30 Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tbsp Epic Cage-Free Duck Fat (It's great for gravies and sauces! If you don't have duck fat, you can always use ghee)
- 1 cup fresh green beans, sliced into bite-size chunks
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 oz can Whole30-compliant tomato paste (read your labels!)
- pink Himalayan salt and black pepper
- fresh thyme
- Start off with making a batch of my Whole30 Mashed Potatoes! Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat up a pan on the stove, and saute the diced onion in the Epic Cage-Free Duck Fat.
- Once the onion is translucent, add the ground turkey. Cook until brown.
- Once ground turkey is browned, add in green beans, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook until veggies are tender and stir in tomato paste and salt and pepper.
- Grease a glass or ceramic pie dish with your cooking fat of choice. Add the stovetop mixture to the pan. Top with a thick layer of the mashed potatoes. If you wish, you can use a fork to make a design in the potatoes or lightly fluff them. Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, and fresh thyme.
- Put pie dish in the oven (I recommend putting a baking sheet underneath to catch any drippings). Bake at 350 for 25-30 min. You'll know when the Shepherd's Pie is done because the mashed potato topping will be slightly golden and browned.
- Serve warm! Or refrigerate and incorporate into your weekly meal planning. Best leftovers ever! 😉
Get your FREE Whole30 Workbook!
Get the latest and greatest in your inbox!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
MEET HAPPY HEALTHY JOE
I am a Certified Integrative Health Coach and essential oil educator based out of Los Angeles and Salt Lake City! As a Health Coach, I combine nutrition, positive psychology, and science-backed self-care for all-natural mood support.
When not coaching clients, I work as a content creator and branding strategist. I love to collaborate and am available for sponsored posts. Please shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with an idea or just to say hi!