This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure for more info.
This Whole30-friendly Shepherd's Pie makes the perfect fresh dinner or an awesome part of your weekly meal prep routine!
Make-ahead casseroles are so great - I make several meals out of this dish, and I can simply add a hearty salad on the side, roasted veggies, or a nice bowl of bone broth to fill things out.
Meal prepping is seriously SUCH a game changer. It helps you to be more intentional with your eating and your relationship with food. And it can save SO much time! If you want a free meal planning template, you should def snag my Whole30 Success Workbook. It’s never too late to get more purposeful and organized! 🤓📝🍴
WHOLE30 SHEPHERD'S PIE
- 1 cup of my Whole30 Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tbsp Epic Cage-Free Duck Fat (It's great for gravies and sauces! If you don't have duck fat, you can always use ghee)
- 1 cup fresh green beans, sliced into bite-size chunks
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 oz can Whole30-compliant tomato paste (read your labels!)
- pink Himalayan salt and black pepper
- fresh thyme
- Start off with making a batch of my Whole30 Mashed Potatoes! Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat up a pan on the stove, and saute the diced onion in the Epic Cage-Free Duck Fat.
- Once the onion is translucent, add the ground turkey. Cook until brown.
- Once ground turkey is browned, add in green beans, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook until veggies are tender and stir in tomato paste and salt and pepper.
- Grease a glass or ceramic pie dish with your cooking fat of choice. Add the stovetop mixture to the pan. Top with a thick layer of the mashed potatoes. If you wish, you can use a fork to make a design in the potatoes or lightly fluff them. Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, and fresh thyme.
- Put pie dish in the oven (I recommend putting a baking sheet underneath to catch any drippings). Bake at 350 for 25-30 min. You'll know when the Shepherd's Pie is done because the mashed potato topping will be slightly golden and browned.
- Serve warm! Or refrigerate and incorporate into your weekly meal planning. Best leftovers ever! 😉
Get your FREE Whole30 Workbook!
Get the latest and greatest in your inbox!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
MEET HAPPY HEALTHY JOE
Joseph Struhs (LA-based certified health coach) is an essential oil educator and wellness passionisto by day, marketing consultant for health pros by night! When he's not working, you can catch him fitting in a workout at the gym or getting crazy in the kitchen.