This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure for more info.
From the perfect fluffy side-dish to the hearty foundation of a meal, mashed potatoes are versatile and delicious! This take on a classic is Whole30-compliant and is super easy to make. Best served fresh, not half bad as part of your meal prep routine. 😉 I like to make a batch at the beginning of the week and incorporate into meals throughout the week (Shepherd's Pie, anyone?!).
whole30 mashed potatoes
Makes about 2 cups.
- 5-8 red potatoes
- 1/4 cup ghee (I love Fourth & Heart)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (unsweetened coconut, cashew, or almond milk - read your labels!)
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- a pinch of rosemary
- Slice red potatoes into quarters (leave skins on if you want). Add to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes reach desired consistency.
- Strain boiled potatoes and place in a mixing bowl. Add ghee, non-dairy milk, and blend using a potato masher. Stir in salt and rosemary, and continue mixing until the mashed potatoes are the desired texture.
- Serve warm!
Get your FREE Whole30 Workbook!
Get the latest and greatest in your inbox!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
MEET HAPPY HEALTHY JOE
Joseph Struhs (LA-based certified health coach) is an essential oil educator and wellness passionisto by day, marketing consultant for health pros by night! When he's not working, you can catch him fitting in a workout at the gym or getting crazy in the kitchen.