This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure for more info.
From the perfect fluffy side-dish to the hearty foundation of a meal, mashed potatoes are versatile and delicious! This take on a classic is Whole30-compliant and is super easy to make. Best served fresh, not half bad as part of your meal prep routine. 😉 I like to make a batch at the beginning of the week and incorporate into meals throughout the week (Shepherd's Pie, anyone?!).
whole30 mashed potatoes
Makes about 2 cups.
- 5-8 red potatoes
- 1/4 cup ghee (I love Fourth & Heart)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (unsweetened coconut, cashew, or almond milk - read your labels!)
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- a pinch of rosemary
- Slice red potatoes into quarters (leave skins on if you want). Add to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes reach desired consistency.
- Strain boiled potatoes and place in a mixing bowl. Add ghee, non-dairy milk, and blend using a potato masher. Stir in salt and rosemary, and continue mixing until the mashed potatoes are the desired texture.
- Serve warm!
Get your FREE Whole30 Workbook!
Get the latest and greatest in your inbox!
MEET HAPPY HEALTHY JOE
I am a Certified Integrative Health Coach and essential oil educator based out of Los Angeles and Salt Lake City! As a Health Coach, I combine nutrition, positive psychology, and science-backed self-care for all-natural mood support.
When not coaching clients, I work as a content creator and branding strategist. I love to collaborate and am available for sponsored posts. Please shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with an idea or just to say hi!