This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure for more info.
As you can probably tell, I’m a huge proponent of turning to natural solutions for health support.
I first started using adaptogenic mushrooms when I was struggling with adrenal fatigue to help regulate my body's stress response and promote a state of homeostasis. As I’ve played with them more and researched the benefits, I’ve discovered how they can help my energy levels, focus, and even my athletic performance.
These fungi are pretty rad! 🍄
They're super easy to integrate into your diet! And a little goes a long way.
Adding them to your morning coffee, tea, or a smoothie are easy ways to work them in! Scroll to the end to get my favorite Immune-Boosting Chaga Latte recipe!
And don't forget to read the stuff in the middle to learn more about four mushrooms you need in your life! 😉🍄
Four Sigmatic is an awesome brand and they offer each of these mushrooms in single-serve elixir blends, as well as in instant coffee and hot cacao mixes. To learn more about the "superpowers" these mushrooms offer, you can learn more from Four Sigmatic's Mushroom Academy - it's free!
Pro-tip: I love to stock up on a lot of my go-to healthy dry goods and superfoods at Thrive Market! They have a great discounts on a lot of natural living products and my favorite healthy pantry items, and they keep Four Sigmatic mushrooms in stock!
Chaga: Lower Inflammation
Chaga mushroom (also known as the king of mushrooms) is commonly used to help support immune function. Traditionally, it has been used for a wide range of health support, and research is validating these practices.
How you can try it: Try integrating a Chaga Elixir into your morning routine in place of your morning coffee. If you want an extra immune-boost, try my Immune-Boosting Chaga Latte recipe at the end of this post!
Reishi: Relax & Sleep Deeper
Unique properties of the Reishi mushroom have been shown to support hormonal balance, contributing to healthy energy levels and improved quality of sleep as well as improving various functions within the endocrine and central nervous systems.
If you struggle with occasional stress and difficulty sleeping, Reishi mushroom can help you relax and get a better night's sleep.
How you can try it: Brew up some Reishi as part of your bedtime routine to help you wind down, emotionally and physically.
cordyceps: Energy Boost & Recovery
Cordyceps is an adaptogen (which functions differently than a stimulant) so it helps you produce steady energy levels without jitters or crashes.
The adaptogenic properties of Cordyceps makes it great for naturally supporting endurance and athletic performance.
How you can try it: Try consuming Cordyceps before a workout or physical activity for an extra boost of energy.
lion's mane: Brain Power Boost
Lion's Main is an all-natural brain booster with cognitive enhancing properties. It has been shown to support both memory and concentration.
How you can try it: Blend up some Lion's Mane elixir before diving into activities that require focus and attention.
If you're wanting to expand your mushroom collection and explore the world of fungi more, Four Sigmatic offers several other mushroom blends. Some other brands I've used and enjoyed include Sun Potion and Moon Juice, both offer a broad range of adaptogenic mushrooms and superfood blends.
Immune-boosting CHAGA Elixir latte
Makes 1 serving.
- 8 oz filtered water
- 1 packet Four Sigmatic Chaga Elixir
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 tsp Fourth & Heart Madagascar Vanilla Ghee
- 1 drop dōTERRA On Guard Protective Blend
- A splash of unsweetened almond milk (I love The New Barn! Or, you can always make your own)
- Heat up 8 oz of filtered water. Pour into a high-power blender, and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend thoroughly. The end result will be frothy and golden!
- Pour into your favorite mug or tumbler and enjoy!
Why I love this latte (And you will too!)
This latte brings together some of my favorite superfoods and ingredients for an extra immune boost.
- Chaga (as you've read above) has some wonderful anti-inflammatory qualities. Four Sigmatic's Chaga Elixir also includes eleuthero (aka, Siberian Ginseng), peppermint, and rose hips.
- The Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides and Fourth & Heart Madagascar Vanilla Ghee give you a sustaining dose of protein and healthy fat. The combo also makes this latte extra frothy and creamy with a nice hint of vanilla.
- dōTERRA On Guard Protective Blend is a powerful blend of Wild Orange Peel, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Bark/Leaf, Eucalyptus Leaf, and Rosemary Leaf/Flower essential oils, designed to support healthy immune function. Click here to learn more about essential oils and get your essential oil guide- it's FREE!
MEET HAPPY HEALTHY JOE
I am a Certified Integrative Health Coach and essential oil educator based out of Los Angeles and Salt Lake City! As a Health Coach, I combine nutrition, positive psychology, and science-backed self-care for all-natural mood support.
When not coaching clients, I work as a content creator and branding strategist. I love to collaborate and am available for sponsored posts. Please shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with an idea or just to say hi!