This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure for more info.
You don't have to go to an actual spa to have a spa experience! With this super simple recipe, give yourself the all-natural TLC you need from the comfort of your home.
Essential Bentonite Clay Mask Recipe
I like to whip together this calming, deep pore-cleansing clay facial using essential oils and just a handful of ingredients from my pantry.
New to essential oils? Make sure to get your FREE essential oil guide - on the house!
Get your FREE Essential Oil Guide!
Subscribe to get the latest and greatest in your inbox!
I personally have pretty sensitive skin that's prone to irritation, so I'll make and apply this mask about once a week to soothe my skin and help remove impurities.
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 tbsp Bentonite Clay (I find that Thrive Market is a great place to stock up on this and other natural beauty essentials)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 drop dōTERRA Frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop dōTERRA Melaleuca (also known as Tea Tree) essential oil
- 1 drop dōTERRA Lavender essential oil
Mix together the Bentonite clay and the apple cider vinegar in a non-metal bowl using a non-metal utensil (metal can diminish the clay's effectiveness).
Adjust the clay or liquid level to reach the desired consistency.
Stir in one drop each of frankincense, melaleuca, and lavender essential oils.
Apply to the face and let dry (5-10 minutes for delicate or sensitive skin, 15-20 min for normal skin).
As the clay mask dries, you will feel a tightening sensation. Remove mask with warm water. You may experience slight redness, and this is totally normal - it usually dissipates within 30 minutes.
Why Bentonite Clay and Apple Cider Vinegar?
- Bentonite Clay has been traditionally used for its calming and soothing effects on the skin, and is known for its ability to absorb heavy metals and impurities. For some good posts about the benefits of Bentonite clay, you can read here.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is known for its soothing effect on the skin. Historically, Hippocrates (the well-known "Father of Medicine") used it for its health-supporting qualities. Learn more about it here.
WHY frankincense, melaleuca, and lavender?
- Frankincense essential oil is renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils. It’s soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of imperfections and supports healthy cellular function.
- Melaleuca essential oil is best known for its purifying properties. It can be used to cleanse and purify the skin and and to support a healthy complexion.
- Lavender essential oil is widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities. Lavender is frequently used to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
WHY DŌTERRA ESSENTIAL OILS?
There's something I like to call the dōTERRA difference.
More than any other essential oil company I've come across, dōTERRA goes out of their way to provide the most pure, potent, and therapeutically beneficial essential oils.
dōTERRA employs a self-imposed standard for purity called Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade - all of dōTERRA's essential oils must meet this standard to be sold and used. In order to be labeled Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (or CPTG for short), a batch of essential oil must pass eight different tests - read up more on the process here!
Because of this testing process, you can be confident that dōTERRA essential oils are safe, pure, and effective to use in the ways described above and why I choose to use them in my integrative health coaching practice.
Each essential bottle also includes a Quality ID # that you can use to track where your oil was sourced and view the GC/MS test results for the batch. How cool is that?!
From my experience, dōTERRA essential oils are the best out there.
BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.
MEET HAPPY HEALTHY JOE
I am a Certified Integrative Health Coach and essential oil educator based out of Los Angeles and Salt Lake City! As a Health Coach, I combine nutrition, positive psychology, and science-backed self-care for all-natural mood support.
When not coaching clients, I work as a content creator and branding strategist. I love to collaborate and am available for sponsored posts. Please shoot me an email (email@example.com) with an idea or just to say hi!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
None of the statements made should be construed as dispensing medical advice or making claims regarding the cure of diseases. One should consult a licensed medical professional for medical advice.