This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure for more info.
Today, I'm going to share my favorite paleo-friendly/Whole30-compliant coffee recipe (you'll find it at the bottom of this post), as well as why coffee is one of my favorite superfoods and why you may want to try drinking your cuppa joe a little differently!
When it comes to superfoods, coffee is one of my favorites (I mean, just check out all the coffee pics on my Instagram).
Can you relate? Gimme a 🙋🏼♂️!
Reasons why coffee is ✨AMAZING✨ include (but are not limited to):
- Coffee intake can support brain health.
- It's one of the most popular sources of antioxidants.
- Appropriate caffeine consumption has a myriad of benefits, including more energy, increased focus, and revving your metabolism.
- It can act as a mild antidepressant, aiding in the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline.
Unfortunately, the way you're used to drinking your coffee MIGHT BE KILLING YOU.
Yes, you didn't misread that. The way typical Americans consume their coffee can be a dangerous dietary choice, especially if you're slurping sugar-laden, dairy-pumped double-shot Chocolate Chip Peppermint Frappucinos on the daily.
I'm going to invite you to skip the Starbucks, make your coffee at home, and - wait for it - skip the sweetener and the creamer.
After trying my paleo-friendly Whole-30-compliant coffee recipe, you're going to want to... 🤗☕️
THE BEST PALEO-FRIENDLY WHOLE30-COMPLIANT COFFEE
This Paleo-Friendly Whole30-compliant coffee is the perfect combo of healthy fats, protein, and caffeine, and it goes down nice and smooth with a sustained energy boost.
Makes about 1 cup of super-powered coffee!
- 1 cup of coffee (pour-over is perfect for this...I love using a Chemex)
- 1 tsp ghee (I recommend Fourth & Heart Madagascar Vanilla Bean)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Brew your coffee using your preferred method. I love using my Chemex for pour-over. Freshly ground coffee is my favorite way to go, but I've also become really fond of Four Sigmatic's Instant Mushroom Coffee - click here to read more about why mushrooms are so great!
- In a high-powered blender, blend together the coffee, the ghee, and the Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. It will only take a few seconds.
- Voila! Your Paleo-friendly Whole30-compliant coffee is ready! Pour into your favorite mug (or thermos for the road) and enjoy!
The combination of blending in the ghee and collagen gives the coffee a nice creamy texture, a slight caramelly flavor, and a beautiful froth!
mix it up
Variety is the spice of life, right? Some ways you can customize this recipe include:
- If you like your coffee iced, pour it over a glass full of ice cubes.
- If I feel like I need some extra healthy fat in my life, sometimes I'll add a little coconut oil to the mix.
- Add some peppermint for some refreshing falvor.
- Add a splash of homemade almond milk. Or, if you go storebought, The New Barn's Unsweetened Almondmilk is one of my favorite brands - it has great flavor, the quality is great, and it's Whole30-Approved.
How do you like your morning cup of Joe? If you try my Paleo-Friendly Whole30-compliant coffee recipe, let me know how you enjoy it in the comments below!
Get your FREE Whole30 Workbook!
Get the latest and greatest in your inbox!
MEET HAPPY HEALTHY JOE
I am a Certified Integrative Health Coach and essential oil educator based out of Los Angeles and Salt Lake City! As a Health Coach, I combine nutrition, positive psychology, and science-backed self-care for all-natural mood support.
When not coaching clients, I work as a content creator and branding strategist. I love to collaborate and am available for sponsored posts. Please shoot me an email (email@example.com) with an idea or just to say hi!